Welcome to Mrs. Tomlin's First Grade
In light of the COVID-19 transition please email me or refer to See Saw app. We will be updating our classes regularly.
As most of you already know Governor Bullock has closed schools until further notice. We will begin our distance learning through SeeSaw on Monday, April 6th. You will need to download the SeeSaw Distance Learning Classroom Code. SeeSaw enagages and inspires students to do their very best. Students use creative tools to take pictures, draw, record videos, and more to capture learning in a portfolio. SeeSaw will be our Distance Learning Platform. This virtual learning will be a new adventure for us all. I understand that changing our instructional delivery on a dime is going to create some bumps in the road and I just ask the students and parents/families to continue to do your best.
* Please upload the SeeSaw classroom app or access the site from the link on the website for kids tab on this page. Go to I'm a student tab and either scan the QR code I have sent or put in the text code.
* Upload the Get Epic app or access the site from the link on websits for kids tab and on this page. I sent an email to connect with our class page. I can resend it if you need. We will be using this website for kids to read books and complete responses as part of their learning.
* I will be loading 2 rounds of class work each week. The first round will be assigned each Monday morning at 9:00am through SeeSaw. Students will need to have work completed and uploaded to SeeSaw each Wednesday by 3:00pm. The second round will be uploaded and assigned each Wednesday at 9:00am through SeeSaw. Students will need to have work completed and uploaded to SeeSaw by 3:00pm each Friday. This is a new process for us all and I will work with you every step of the way. Rememember that this is a trial run and I can adjust as needed.
* I will video lessons and expectations of work for the students to upload each Monday and Wednesday. I will also be recording reading so students can follow along with their Story Town Book. Some stories will be recorded for students to follow along digitally.
*For students who receive Title Services, Mrs. Nelson is now linked onto SeeSaw and will be checking in and making phone calls to give support and assistance.
Distance Learning Survival Kits will be available for pick up on Friday, April 3rd from 9:00 am-10:00 am. Mrs. Stiegemeier and I will be handing out packets in front of the school. Please use the Drop Off Zone Access and stay in your car and we will hand you the packet. If you have any library books to return, please bring them at that time and we will return them to Mrs. Jones. If you are not able to pick up please let me know through SeeSaw and I can deliver them to you.
* Distance Learning Survival Packet will contain See Saw Classroom code for those of you using your own ipad or computer device, Story Town reading anthology, writing journals, word books, GO MATH books, and worksheets that will need to be kept in packet until information and directions are modeled in SeeSaw Video from me. The survival kit will also contain school supplies.
* I will be available from 9:00am-3:00pm each day and will have office hours each day from 10:00am-11:00am and 1:00pm-2:00pm to answer questions and help out. You can contact me on SeeSaw or email me.
Please see my school website for updates as I will have links to help you out with SeeSaw, Epic! , IXL, Peace Out, and Cosmic Kids Yoga. This will be a new adventure and I will continue to do my very best to help you all in anyway I am able. I miss my class so very much and hope you are all doing well. Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions or concerns.
Blessings, Mrs. Tomlin